Female mice are able to have babies 6 to 10 times per year.
Rats & Mice
There are six major problems caused by rats and mice.
1. They eat food and contaminate it with urine and excrement.
2. They gnaw into materials such as paper, books, wood or upholstery which they use as nest material. They also gnaw plastic, cinder blocks, soft metals such as lead and aluminum, and wiring which may cause a fire hazard.
3. Rats occasionally bite people and kill small animals.
4. They, or the parasites they carry, (fleas, mites, worms) spread many diseases.
5. Rats can damage ornamental plants by burrowing among the roots, or feeding on new growth or twigs. They also eat some garden vegetables, such as corn and squash.
6. Rats and mice are socially unacceptable. These rodents have been a problem for centuries, chiefly because they have an incredible ability to survive and are so difficult to eliminate. In additio, they are extremely compatible with human behavior and needs.
STB Integrated Pest Management Solutions
Mice like to eat 15 to 20 times per day.
The house mouse is the most common pest in most parts of the world
Rats can bite people.
Mice build their homes near food sources.
©2009 STB Projects LLC